Thermo Scientific Pierce DMA is dimethyl adipimidate, a membrane-permeable crosslinker that contains an amine-reactive imidoester group at each end of a 6-atom spacer arm.
- Reactive groups: imidoester (both ends)
- Reactive towards: amino groups (primary amines)
- Shortest of three similar imidoester crosslinkers, which include DMA, DMP and DMS
- Imidoesters react with amines at alkaline pH values (pH 8-10) to form amidine bond
- Amidine bond retains net charge character of protein primary amine to which it reacts
- Reversible at high pH values
- Tool for study of quarternary structure of proteins
|Chemical structure of DMA crosslinking reagent.
- Dihazi, G.H. and Sinz, A. (2003). Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 17, 2005-2014.
- Hartman, F.C. and Wold, F. (1967). Biochemistry 6(8), 2439-2448.
- Pearson, K.M., et al. (2002). Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 16, 149-159.
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)