Thermo Scientific Pierce DCC is dicyclohexylcarbodiimide, an organic-soluble crosslinker that activates carboxyl groups for spontaneous peptide-bond formation with primary amines.
- Reactive group: carbodiimide
- Reaction target: activates carboxyl groups to conjugate to amino groups (primary amines)
- Zero-length crosslinker
- Water-insoluble (dissolve in organic solvent)
- Non-aqueous organic synthesis methods
- Use with NHS to create custom NHS ester-activated, amine-modifying reagents
- Immobilize small molecules onto carboxylate-containing supports
|Chemical structure of DCC crosslinking reagent.
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)