Thermo Scientific Pierce CN/DAB Substrate Kit includes substrate and peroxide solutions for combined chloronaphthol- and diaminobenzidine-based detection of horseradish peroxidase (HRP) activity in Western blot and tissue staining methods.
This kit combines two popular chromogenic peroxidase substrate compounds (4-CN and DAB) in a single, stable, 10X stock solution. This CN/DAB solution produces an intense dark black precipitate at sites of bound HRP-conjugated antibodies on probed blots and tissue samples. The Pierce CN/DAB Substrate Kit can be used in Western immunoblotting techniques as well as in dot blotting assays. The kit includes the 10X solution of CN/DAB and accompanying 1X Stable Peroxide Substrate Buffer.
- HRP substrate – for detection of horseradish peroxidase activity on solid media via the combined action of CN (4-chloro-1-naphthol) and DAB (3,3'-diaminobenzidine tetrahydrochloride)
- Chromogenic – no special equipment needed for visualization; yields intense black bands that are easy to photograph
- Easy-to-use kit – substrate stock solution and stable peroxide substrate buffer mean that there's no dry powders to measure and dissolve
- Stable – store refrigerated at 4°C for at least one year
- CN/DAB Solution (10X) and Stable Peroxide Substrate Solution (1X)
- Young, P.R. (1989). J. Virol. Methods 24, 227-235.