Thermo Scientific Pierce BSOCOES is a homobifunctional NHS-ester crosslinker with a base-cleavable spacer arm for reversible crosslinking between primary amines.
- Reactive groups: NHS ester (both ends)
- Reactive towards: amino groups (primary amines)
- Base-cleavable (pH 11.6, 2 hours, 37°C)
- Water-insoluble (dissolve first in DMF or DMSO)
- Membrane-permeable, allowing for intracellular crosslinking
|Chemical structure of BSOCOES crosslinking reagent.
- Bouizar, Z., Fouchereau-Person, M., Taboulet, J., Moukhtar, M.S. and Milhaud, G. (1986). Purification and characterization of calcitonin receptors in rat kidney membranes by covalent crosslinking techniques. Eur. J. Biochem. 155, 141-147.
- Zarling, D.A., Watson, A. and Bach, F.H. (1980). Mapping of lymphocyte surface polypeptide antigens by chemical crosslinking with BSOCOES. J. Immunol. 124, 913-920.
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)