Thermo Scientific Pierce Premium Grade BS3 is our highest quality formulation of this popular amine-reactive crosslinker, specially characterized for applications where product integrity and risk minimization are paramount.
Compared to the standard grade product, Premium Grade BS3 provides more clearly defined quality and product support by including (a) increased analytical testing and product characterization, (b) greater batch-specific information and quality assurance review, (c) extensive lot sample retention and (d) change control notification. BS3 is bis(sulfosuccinimidyl)suberate, an amine-to-amine crosslinker that is homobifunctional, water-soluble, non-cleavable and membrane impermeable. BS3 contains an amine-reactive N-hydroxysulfosuccinimide (NHS) ester at each end of an 8-carbon spacer arm. NHS esters react with primary amines at pH 7-9 to form stable amide bonds, along with release of the N-hydroxysulfosuccinimide leaving group. Proteins, including antibodies, generally have several primary amines in the side chain of lysine (K) residues and the N-terminus of each polypeptide that are available as targets for NHS-ester crosslinking reagents.
- BS3 – a noncleavable, membrane-impermeable, water-soluble crosslinking agent for amines
- High quality – identity and purity confirmed by several tests, including quantitative NMR
- Product integrity – enhanced level of testing and characterization compared to standard grade
- Lot retention – ample supply of past lots retained to ensure future process testing
- Change management – Change Control Notification (CCN) service
- Consistent manufacture – batch-specific manufacturing documentation review
- Crosslink cell-surface proteins prior to cell lysis and immunoprecipitation
- Identify receptor-ligand interactions by chemical crosslinking
- “Fix” protein interactions to allow identification of weak or transient protein interactions
- Identify near-neighbor protein interactions
- Protein crosslinking to create bioconjugates via single-step reactions
- Immobilize proteins onto amine-coated surfaces
|Chemical structure of BS3 crosslinking reagent. For more complete information about the chemical properties and uses of this reagent, see the product page for standard grade BS3.
Specifications of Premium Grade BS3. We manufacture crosslinking reagents to ensure the highest possible overall product integrity, consistency and performance for the intended research applications.
||Premium Grade Specification
||Greater than 93% by quantitative NMR using an internal standard (the highest standard for crosslinker purity)
||White to light tan powder, free of foreign material
||Greater than 5.8 mg dissolves in 1mL in of DI water to give a clear solution with no insoluble material
||Molecular weight of 572 m/z by mass spectrometry
||Karl Fischer titration, ≤ 2%
||All metals, including lead, ≤ 50 ppm
||Reported values for C, H, N, O, and S
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Premium Grade Reagents – complete menu
BS3 (standard grade)
BS3 mass tag pairs
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)
Currently available by special order only.
Please contact our Large Volume and Custom Sales Department:
815-968-0747 ext. 300 or +800-874-3723 ext. 300