Thermo Scientific Surfact-Amps 58 Detergent Solution is highly-purified Brij™ 58 detergent stabilized and supplied as a 10% solution in 10mL glass ampules.
This is an easy-to-use 10% (w/v) solution of purified Brij™ 58 detergent for use in routine and high-demand protein research methods and molecular biology techniques. Brij-58 is a nonionic polyoxyethylene surfactant that is most frequently used in HPLC applications. Surfact-Amps Detergent Solutions (10% w/v) provide unsurpassed purity, quality and stability. Unlike neat detergents, which are extremely viscous, Surfact-Amps 10% Solutions are easy to pipette and accurately dispense. The surfactant solutions are carefully prepared and packaged under nitrogen in glass ampules, ensuring their stability and eliminating the accumulation of peroxides and degradation products.
- Brij 58 – a nonionic detergent for use as a surfactant in HPLC
- Accurate – precise 10% detergent solution in ultrapure water
- Easy-to-use – solution is simple to dispense and dilute for use
- Exceptionally pure – less than 1.0µeq/mL peroxides and carbonyls
- Stable – packaged in glass ampules under inert nitrogen gas
|Chemical structure of Brij 58 detergent.
Properties of Brij 58 Detergent:
- Molecular Weight: 1120g
- Detergent Class: Nonionic
- Aggregation Number: 70
- Micelle Molecular Weight: 82,000g
- Critical Micelle Concentration (CMC): 0.077mM (0.0086%, w/v)
- Cloud Point: >100°C
- Dialyzable: No
Specifications for Brij 58 Surfact-Amps Detergent Solution:
- Visual: Clear to slightly hazy, colorless solution, free of particulates.
- Concentration: 10.0 ±1.0%
- Oxidants: ≤1.0µeq/mL
- Carbonyls: ≤1.0µeq/mL
- Suspended Solids: Residue present must not exceed Residue Reference.
Review of detergents for cell lysis
Detergent Sampler Pack
Other Detergents for Protein Methods
Detergent Removal Resins