Thermo Scientific Brij™ 35 Detergent Solutions are stabilized 10% and 30% solutions of Brij-35 detergent for use in various protein methods.
The detergent Brij™ 35 is a nonionic polyoxyethylene surfactant that is most frequently used as a component of cell lysis buffers or a surfactant in various HPLC applications. The detergent is offered in two forms: a Thermo Scientific Surfact-Amps Detergent Solution (high-purity, 10% solution) and a standard grade 30% solution. Surfact-Amps Detergent Solutions (10% w/v) provide unsurpassed purity, quality and stability. Unlike neat detergents, which are extremely viscous, Surfact-Amps 10% Solutions are easy to pipette and accurately dispense. The surfactant solutions are carefully prepared and packaged under nitrogen in glass ampules or HPDE bottles, ensuring their stability and eliminating the accumulation of peroxides and degradation products.
- Brij 35 – a nonionic detergent for use in various protein methods
- Accurate – 10% and 30% detergent solutions in ultrapure water
- Easy-to-use – solutions are simple to dispense and dilute for use
Surfact-Amps 10% Detergent Solutions:
- Accurate – precise 10% detergent solution in ultrapure water
- Easy-to-use – solution is simple to dispense and dilute for use
- Exceptionally pure – less than 1.0µeq/mL peroxides and carbonyls
- Stable – packaged in under inert nitrogen gas in glass ampules or HPDE bottles
|Chemical structure of Brij 35 detergent.
Properties of Brij 35 Detergent:
- Molecular Weight: 1225g
- Detergent Class: Nonionic
- Aggregation Number: 40
- Micelle Molecular Weight: 49,000g
- Critical Micelle Concentration (CMC): 0.09mM (0.011%, w/v)
- Cloud Point: >100°C
- Dialyzable: No
Specifications for Brij 35 Surfact-Amps Detergent Solution (10% solution):
- Visual: Clear, colorless solution, free of particulate matter.
- Concentration: 10.0 ±1.0%
- Oxidants: ≤1.0µeq/mL
- Carbonyls: ≤1.0µeq/mL
- Suspended Solids: Residue present must not exceed Residue Reference.
Specifications for Brij 35, 30% Solution (Part No. 20150):
- Visual: Clear, colorless viscous liquid, free of foreign material.
- Concentration: Concentration: 27.0 to 30.0%
Review of detergents for cell lysis
Detergent Sampler Pack
Other Detergents for Protein Methods
Detergent Removal Resins