Thermo Scientific Pierce 20X Borate Buffer is a space-saving stock solution that is ideal for preparing sodium borate buffer solutions for use in protein modification procedures requiring amine-free buffer at alkaline pH.
Pierce Concentrated Buffers are ready to use without having to weigh and dissolve dry ingredients or to adjust the pH with concentrated acid or base. Simply dilute the stock solution with pure water and proceed with your experiment. The 20X Borate Buffer makes 50mM borate, pH 8.5, when diluted to 1X with water.
- Borate buffer – diluted 20-fold in water, the solution yields 50mM borate, pH 8.5
- Easy to use – no packets to open and no powder to dissolve
- Increased accuracy – eliminates the possibility of powder remaining in a packet
- Saves time – 20X concentration eliminates time spent waiting for powder to dissolve
- Saves space – storage as concentrated stock minimizes bench space needed for solutions
- Protein modification procedures requiring amine-free buffer at alkaline pH