Thermo Scientific Pierce BMOE is a short-arm, maleimide crosslinker for covalent, irreversible conjugation between sulfhydryl groups (e.g., protein or peptide cysteines).
- Reactive groups: maleimide (both ends)
- Reactive towards: sulfhydryl groups
- Short (8.0A), sulfhydryl-to-sulfhydryl crosslinker, composed of maleimide groups and 7-atom spacer arm
- Shortest bismaleimide crosslinker available for close proximity crosslinking
- Water-insoluble – dissolve first in DMF or DMSO, then add to aqueous reaction buffers
|Chemical structure of BMOE crosslinking reagent.
- Chen, L.L., et al. (1991). Production of multimeric forms of CD4 through a sugar-based crosslinking strategy. J. Biol. Chem. 266(27), 18237-18243.
Crosslinker Application Guide -- search for recent literature references for this product
Overview of crosslinking
Chemistry of crosslinking
Crosslinkers at a glance (selection guide)