UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY AGREED IN WRITING, ALL SALES ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. GENERAL. Pierce Biotechnology, Inc. and Cellomics, Inc., wholly owned subsidiaries of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. ("Seller") hereby offer for sale to the buyer named on the face hereof ("Buyer") the products commercially available on Seller’s website or listed on the face hereof (the "Product(s)") on the express condition that Buyer agrees to accept and be bound by the terms and conditions set forth herein. Any provisions contained in any document issued by Buyer are expressly rejected and if the terms and conditions in this Agreement differ from the terms of Buyer’s offer, this document will be construed as a counter offer and will not be effective as an acceptance of Buyer’s document. Buyer’s receipt of Products provided hereunder will constitute Buyer’s acceptance of this Agreement. This is the complete and exclusive statement of the contract between Seller and Buyer with respect to Buyer's purchase of the Products. No waiver, consent, modification, amendment or change of the terms contained herein will be binding unless in writing and signed by Seller and Buyer. Seller's failure to object to terms contained in any subsequent communication from Buyer will not be a waiver or modification of the terms set forth herein. All orders are subject to acceptance in writing by an authorized representative of Seller. Seller’s duties and obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Sale, including but not limited to invoicing, payment processing, and service may be performed by any affiliate of Seller.
2. PRICE. All prices published by Seller or quoted by Seller's representatives may be changed at any time without notice. All prices quoted by Seller or Seller’s representatives are valid for thirty (30) days, unless otherwise stated in writing. All prices for the Products will be as specified by Seller or, if no price has been specified or quoted, will be Seller's price in effect at the time of shipment. All prices are subject to adjustment due to specifications, quantities, raw materials, cost of production, shipment arrangements or other terms or conditions which are not part of Seller's original price quotation.
3. TAXES AND OTHER CHARGES. Prices for the Products exclude all sales, value added and other taxes and duties imposed with respect to the sale, delivery, or use of any Products covered hereby, all of which taxes and duties must be paid by Buyer. If Buyer claims any exemption, Buyer must provide a valid, signed certificate or letter of exemption for each jurisdiction.
4. TERMS OF PAYMENT. Seller may invoice Buyer upon shipment for the price and all other charges payable by Buyer in accordance with the terms on the face hereof. If no payment terms are stated on the face hereof, payment will be net thirty (30) days from the date of invoice. If Buyer fails to pay any amounts when due, Buyer will pay Seller interest thereon at a periodic rate of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month (or, if lower, the highest rate permitted by law), together with all costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees and disbursements and court costs) incurred by Seller in collecting such overdue amounts or otherwise enforcing Seller's rights hereunder. Seller reserves the right to require from Buyer full or partial payment in advance, or other security that is satisfactory to Seller, at any time that Seller believes in good faith that Buyer's financial condition does not justify the terms of payment specified. All payments will be made in U.S. Dollars.
5. DELIVERY; CANCELLATION OR CHANGES BY BUYER. The Products will be shipped to the destination specified by Buyer, FCA Seller's shipping point. Seller will have the right, at its election, to make partial shipments of the Products and to invoice each shipment separately. Seller reserves the right to stop delivery of Products in transit and to withhold shipments in whole or in part if Buyer fails to make any payment to Seller when due or otherwise fails to perform its obligations hereunder. All shipping dates are approximate only, and Seller will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from any delay in delivery or failure to deliver.
In the event of a delay due to any cause beyond Seller's reasonable control, Seller reserves the right to terminate the order or to reschedule the shipment within a reasonable period of time, and Buyer will not be entitled to refuse delivery or otherwise be relieved of any obligations as the result of such delay. Products as to which delivery is delayed due to any cause within Buyer's control may be placed in storage for Buyer by Seller at Buyer's risk and expense. Orders in process may be canceled only with Seller's written consent and upon payment of Seller's cancellation charges. Orders in process may not be changed except with Seller's written consent and upon agreement by the parties as to an appropriate adjustment in the purchase price therefor. Written authorization must be obtained prior to returning any products to Seller. Returns are subject to inspection and may be subject to a 20% restocking charge. Credit will not be allowed for Products returned without the prior written consent of Seller.
6. TITLE AND RISK OF LOSS. Notwithstanding the trade terms indicated above and subject to Seller's right to stop delivery of Products in transit, title to and risk of loss of the Products will pass to Buyer upon delivery of possession of the Products by Seller to the carrier.
7. ANTIBODY PRODUCTS. Custom rabbit antibodies manufactured by the Seller are guaranteed to reach a minimum titer of 1:50,000 by indirect ELISA assay for at least one rabbit so long as the following conditions are met: (i) Seller designed and produced the peptides and/or proteins used for immunization; (ii) the design criteria do not contain Buyer mandated limitations, including but not limited to, cross reactivity requirements, narrowed protein sequence region, and/or post-translationally modified or cleaved peptides; and (iii) the antibodies were generated in rabbits. If the antibody does not reach the minimum titer and all the above criteria are met, Seller will either (y) boost one animal (minimal)at no charge or (z) alter the carrier or antigen to boost one animal (minimal)for up to two months free of charge. Once one animal reaches the minimum titer of 1:50,000 the guarantee will be met. If a 1:50,000 titer cannot be achieved,
the Buyer will be provided one additional custom antibody to be ordered free of charge with a re-design of the peptide and/or protein used for immunization. All ancillary services requested by the Buyer on the new project such as purification and extensions will be charged a la carte at the
discretion of the Seller.
Upon Seller’s completion of any antibody protocol, Buyer is provided seven (7) business days to evaluate the antibody quality and provide instructions on the requested animal disposition. If no instructions are received from the Buyer, animals will be placed on hold and begin incurring daily maintenance fees according to Seller’s then current fee schedule. If instructions are not received within thirty (30) days, animals will be scheduled for termination. An invoice for accrued charges will be sent to Buyer for all fees incurred. Payment of such fees is required prior to Seller’s provision of additional Products or services.
8. WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. Products are warranted to operate or perform substantially in conformance with published Product specifications in effect at the time of sale, as set forth in the Product documentation, specifications and/or accompanying package inserts (“Documentation”). No claim of suitability for use in applications regulated by FDA is made. The warranty provided herein is valid only when used by properly trained individuals. Unless otherwise stated in the Documentation, this warranty is limited to one year from date of shipment when the Product is subjected to normal, proper and intended usage. This warranty does not extend to anyone other than Buyer. Any model or sample furnished to Buyer is merely illustrative of the general type and quality of goods and does not represent that any Product will conform to such model or sample.
NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE GRANTED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON INFRINGEMENT. BUYER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR NON-CONFORMING PRODUCTS DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD IS LIMITED TO REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OF OR REFUND FOR THE NON-CONFORMING PRODUCT(S) AT SELLER’S SOLE OPTION. THERE IS NO OBLIGATION TO REPAIR, REPLACE OR REFUND FOR PRODUCTS AS THE RESULT OF (i) ACCIDENT, DISASTER OR EVENT OF FORCE MAJEURE, (ii) MISUSE, FAULT OR NEGLIGENCE OF OR BY BUYER, (iii) USE OF THE PRODUCTS IN A MANNER FOR WHICH THEY WERE NOT DESIGNED, OR (iv) IMPROPER STORAGE AND HANDLING OF THE PRODUCTS.
If Seller determines that Products for which Buyer has requested warranty services are not covered by the warranty hereunder, Buyer shall pay or reimburse Seller for all costs of investigating and responding to such request at Seller's then prevailing time and materials rates. If Seller provides repair services or replacement parts that are not covered by this warranty, Buyer shall pay Seller therefor at Seller's then prevailing time and materials rates. All replaced parts shall become the property of Seller. Shipment to Buyer of repaired or replacement Products shall be made in accordance with the Delivery provisions of these Terms. Consumables are expressly excluded from this warranty. If Seller elects to repair defective medical device instruments, Seller may, in its sole discretion, provide a replacement loaner instrument to Buyer as necessary for use while the instruments are being repaired. All replaced parts shall become the property of Seller. Shipment to Buyer of repaired or replacement Products shall be made in accordance with the Delivery provisions of these Terms. Consumables are expressly excluded from this warranty. If Seller elects to repair defective instruments, Seller may, in its sole discretion, provide a replacement loaner instrument to Buyer as necessary for use while the instruments are being repaired. ANY INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE, REPAIR, SERVICE, RELOCATION OR ALTERATION TO OR OF, OR OTHER TAMPERING WITH, THE PRODUCTS PERFORMED BY ANY PERSON OR ENTITY OTHER THAN SELLER WITHOUT SELLER'S PRIOR WRITTEN APPROVAL, OR ANY USE OF REPLACEMENT PARTS NOT SUPPLIED BY SELLER, SHALL IMMEDIATELY VOID AND CANCEL ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE AFFECTED PRODUCTS.
SELLER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PRODUCTS ARE ERROR-FREE OR WILL ACCOMPLISH ANY PARTICULAR RESULT. THE OBLIGATIONS CREATED BY THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT TO REPAIR OR REPLACE A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT SHALL BE THE SOLE REMEDY OF BUYER IN THE EVENT OF A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT.
9. SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS. With respect to any software products incorporated in or forming a part of the Products hereunder, Seller and Buyer intend and agree that such software products are being licensed and not sold, and that the words "purchase", "sell" or similar or derivative words are understood and agreed to mean "license", and that the word "Buyer" or similar or derivative words are understood and agreed to mean "licensee". Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Seller or its licensor, as the case may be, retains all rights and interest in software products provided hereunder.
Seller hereby grants to Buyer a royalty-free, non-exclusive, nontransferable license, without power to sublicense, to use software provided hereunder solely for Buyer's own internal business purposes on the hardware products provided hereunder and to use the related documentation solely for Buyer's own internal business purposes. This license terminates when Buyer's lawful possession of the hardware products provided hereunder ceases, unless earlier terminated as provided herein. Buyer agrees to hold in confidence and not to sell, transfer, license, loan or otherwise make available in any form to third parties the software products and related documentation provided hereunder. Buyer may not disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer, copy, modify, enhance or otherwise change or supplement the software products provided hereunder without Seller's prior written consent. Seller will be entitled to terminate this license if Buyer fails to comply with any term or condition herein. Buyer agrees, upon termination of this license, immediately to return to Seller all software products and related documentation provided hereunder and all copies and portions thereof.
Certain of the software products provided by Seller may be owned by one or more third parties and licensed to Seller. Accordingly, Seller and Buyer agree that such third parties retain ownership of and title to such software products. The warranty and indemnification provisions set forth herein shall not apply to software products owned by third parties and provided hereunder.
10.1 By Seller. Seller agrees to indemnify, defend and save Buyer, its officer, directors, and employees from and against any and all damages, liabilities, actions, causes of action, suits, claims, demands, losses, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees) for injury to or death of persons or damage to property to the extent caused by the negligence or willful misconduct of Seller, its employees, agents or representatives or contractors. Buyer will provide Seller prompt written notice of any third party claim covered by Seller’s indemnification obligations hereunder. Seller will have the right to assume exclusive control of the defense of such claim or, at the option of the Seller, to settle the same. Buyer agrees to cooperate reasonably with Seller in connection with the performance by Seller of its obligations in this Section.
10.2 By Buyer. Buyer will indemnify, defend with competent and experienced counsel and hold harmless Seller, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and divisions, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders and employees, from and against any and all damages, liabilities, actions, causes of action, suits, claims, demands, losses, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees and disbursements and court costs) to the extent arising from or in connection with (i) the negligence or willful misconduct of Buyer, its agents, employees, representatives or contractors; (ii) use of the Products for any non-research purpose or by a nontechnically qualified individual; (iii) use of a Product in combination with materials, equipment or software not supplied by Seller where the Product itself would not be infringing; (iv) Seller's compliance with designs, specifications or instructions supplied to Seller by Buyer; (v) use of a Product in an application or environment for which it was not designed; or (vi) modifications of a Product by anyone other than Seller without Seller's prior written approval.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THE LIABILITY OF SELLER UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (WHETHER BY REASON OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, INDEMNIFICATION, OR OTHERWISE, BUT EXCLUDING LIABILITY OF SELLER FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY (THE SOLE REMEDY FOR WHICH WILL BE AS PROVIDED UNDER SECTION 8 ABOVE)) WILL NOT EXCEED AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE TOTAL PURCHASE PRICE PAID BY BUYER TO SELLER WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT(S) GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, IN NO EVENT WILL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE OF FACILITIES OR EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF GOODWILL), REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SELLER (i) HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR (ii) IS NEGLIGENT.
12. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. Buyer acknowledges that each Product and any related technology, including technical information supplied by Seller or contained in documents (collectively “Items”), is subject to export controls of the U.S. government. The export controls may include, but are not limited to, those of the Export Administration Regulations of the U.S. Department of Commerce (the “EAR”), which may restrict or require licenses for the export of Items from the United States and their re-export from other countries. Buyer will comply with the EAR and all other applicable laws, regulations, laws, treaties, and agreements relating to the export, re-export, and import of any Item. Buyer will not, without first obtaining the required license to do so from the appropriate U.S. government agency; (i) export or re-export any Item, or (ii) export, re-export, distribute or supply any Item to any restricted or embargoed country or to a person or entity whose privilege to participate in exports has been denied or restricted by the U.S. government. Buyer will cooperate fully with Seller in any official or unofficial audit or inspection related to applicable export or import control laws or regulations, and will indemnify and hold Seller harmless from, or in connection with, any violation of this Section by Buyer or its employees, consultants, agents, or customers.
13. CONFIDENTIALITY. Buyer agrees that all pricing, discounts and technical information that Seller provides to Buyer are the confidential and proprietary information of Seller. Buyer agrees to (i) keep such information confidential and not disclose such information to any third party, and (ii) use such information solely for Buyer’s internal purposes and in connection with the Products supplied hereunder. Nothing herein will restrict the use of information available to the general public.
14. MEDICARE/MEDICAID REPORTING REQUIREMENTS. If Buyer is a recipient of Medicare/Medicaid funds, Buyer acknowledges that it has been informed of and agrees to fully and accurately account for, and report on its applicable cost report, the total value of any discount, rebate or other compensation paid hereunder in a way that complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations which establish “Safe Harbor” for discounts. Buyer shall make written request to Seller in the event Buyer requires additional information from Seller in order to meet its reporting requirements. Buyer acknowledges that agreement to such reporting requirement was a condition precedent to Seller’s agreement to provide Products and that Seller would not have entered into this Agreement had Buyer not agreed to comply with such obligations.
15.1 Unless otherwise expressly stated on the Product or in the documentation accompanying the Product, the Product is intended for research only and is not to be used for any other purpose, including without limitation, unauthorized commercial uses, in vitro diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses, or any type of consumption by or application to humans or animals.
15.2 Buyer may not delegate any duties nor assign any rights or claims hereunder without Seller's prior written consent, and any such attempted delegation or assignment will be void.
15.3 The rights and obligations of the parties hereunder will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, without reference to its choice of law provisions. In the event of any legal proceeding between the Seller and Buyer relating to this Agreement, neither party may claim the right to a trial by jury, and both parties waive any right they may have under applicable law or otherwise to a right to a trial by jury. Any action arising under this Agreement must be brought within one (1) year from the date that the cause of action arose. The application to this Agreement of the U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby expressly excluded.
15.4 In the event that any one or more provisions contained herein will be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions contained herein will remain in full force and effect, unless the revision materially changes the bargain.
15.5 Seller's failure to enforce, or Seller's waiver of a breach of, any provision contained herein will not constitute a waiver of any other breach or of such provision.
15.6 Any notice or communication required or permitted hereunder will be in writing and will be deemed received when personally delivered or three (3) business days after being sent by certified mail, postage prepaid, to a party at the address specified herein or at such other address as either party may from time to time designate to the other.
Terms and Conditions of Sale 05/14/2014