The Thermo Scientific Pierce Protocols App for the iPhone* Device is an interactive, programmable tool for organizing and using Pierce Product Instructions and custom made research protocols, featuring built-in timers and note recording.
The Pierce Protocols App is an excellent technical resource for researchers performing protein research in their laboratories. The Protocols App makes commonly used product instructions and protocols available at a touch of the screen, regardless of Internet connectivity. Because the interactive protocols travel with your personal iPhone, iPad* or iPod* touch running iOS 4, there is no need to carry timers or other alarms when leaving the research bench.
- Download protocols – install and use step-by-step instructions for popular Pierce Product Instructions. See a recent list of available protocols below.
- Activate one or more methods – use the Protocol App to keep track of completed steps in one or more protocols
- Stay on time – pre-programmed timers keep you on track for critical incubation periods
- Record notes – type legible notes that can be sent to an email account for a dated record
- Customize or create protocols– modify existing protocols or create new custom protocols via the Protein Protocols website
- Apple iPhone or other device running iOS 4 (not compatible with iOS5 or higher)
- Internet connection for downloading new protocols and viewing linked documents
- An email address and password registered at http:// protein-protocols.com
- Replace multiple hard-copy product instructions with a compact, electronic organizer.
- Keep track of step-wise progression through all steps of multiple protocols in one place.
- Legibly record experiment-specific notes and then send a dated copy to any email address
- Create custom, interactive protocols for routine experiments.
- v1.1 – Pierce Protocols App for the iPhone Device, iOS 4 Tested
- Available free from the iTunes* App Store
The Pierce Protocols App makes it easy to keep track of progress through an experiment and provides a means to record accurate and legible procedure notes. In addition to having adjustable, pre-programmed timers, the Protocols App allows you to send a dated summary of timer adjustments and notes to an email account, which can be formatted and incorporated into an electronic or hard copy laboratory notebook. In addition to accessing the growing library of commonly used protein research product instructions, the Protocols App and accompanying website (http://protein-protocols.com) allows any registered user to copy and modify existing Thermo Scientific Pierce Protocols or author custom protocols that can be used with the Protocols App.
- Active GTPase Pull-Down and Detection Kits (Arf1, Arf6, Cdc42, Rac1, Rap1, Ras, Rho)
- Coomassie Plus (Bradford) Assay Kit
- DSS and BS3 Crosslinker
- DyLight Amine-Reactive Fluors
- GelCode Blue Stain Reagent
- Imperial Protein Stain
- LightShift Chemiluminescent EMSA Kit
- M-PER Mammalian Protein Extraction Reagent
- Micro BCA Protein Assay Kit
- NE-PER Nuclear and Cytoplasmic Extraction Reagents
- Pierce 660nm Protein Assay
- Pierce BCA Protein Assay
- Pierce ECL Western Blotting Substrate
- Pierce ECL Plus Western Blotting Substrate
- Pierce Silver Stain Kit
- Restore Western Blot Stripping Buffer
- SuperSignal West Dura Chemiluminescent Substrate
- SuperSignal West Femto Maximum Sensitivity Substrate
- SuperSignal West Pico Chemiluminescent Substrate
- Zeba Spin Desalting Columns, 2-10mL
Tech Tip#74 – Quick start guide for Pierce Protocols App for the iPhone Device