Thermo Scientific Pierce 10X Tris-Glycine Buffer is a space-saving stock solution that is ideal for quickly preparing standard Tris-glycine (pH 8.5) transfer buffer used for Western blotting.
Pierce Concentrated Buffers are ready to use without having to weigh and dissolve dry ingredients or to adjust the pH with concentrated acid or base. Simply dilute the stock solution with pure water and proceed with your experiment. The 10X Tris-Glycine Buffer makes 0.025M Tris, 0.192M glycine, pH 8.5, when diluted to 1X with water or 20% methanol.
- Tris-glycine buffer – diluted 10-fold in water or 20% methanol, the solution yields 0.025M Tris, 0.192M glycine, pH 8.5
- Easy to use – no packets to open and no powder to dissolve
- Increased accuracy – eliminates the possibility of powder remaining in a packet
- Saves time – 10X concentration eliminates time spent waiting for powder to dissolve
- Saves space – storage as concentrated stock minimizes bench space needed for solutions
- Methanol or ethanol as required by specific protocols.
- Transfer buffer for Tris-glycine gel electrophoresis