Thermo Scientific BupH MES Buffered Saline Packs are pouches of dry-blended powder that are each sufficient to make 500mL of optimized amine-free and carboxyl-free buffer for carbodiimide (EDC) crosslinking and conjugation reactions.
BupH Dry-Blend Packs of MES buffered saline are easy to use. Simply empty contents of one foil envelope pack into a beaker, add ultrapure water and stir to dissolve. The packs eliminate weighing time and tedious pH adjustments. When dissolved in 500mL of water, each pack makes 0.1M MES, 0.9% sodium chloride, pH 4.7. MES is 2-(N-morpholino)ethanesulfonic acid.
- MES buffer – dissolved in 500mL of water, each pack makes 0.1M MES, 0.9% sodium chloride, pH 4.7
- Convenient – dissolve contents of one envelope in water and the buffer is ready to use
- Save time and trouble – no weighing, no pH adjustment, no need to stock individual components, and no need to make and store large volumes of stock solution in advance of daily needs
- Long shelf life – stocking and storage as dry packs eliminates concerns about long-term stability of stock solutions
- Eliminate variables – our quality control ensures that every pack will yield the same, consistent buffer
- Carboxyl-to-amine crosslinking procedures using carbodiimide crosslinker EDC (Part No. 22980).