Thermo Scientific MALDI Matrices are highly purified, recrystallized reagents packaged in convenient single-use tubes sufficient for analyzing up to 96 samples by matrix assisted laser desorption ionization.
Matrix assisted laser desorption ionization (MALDI) matrices produce the cleanest mass spectrometric (MS) spectra when they are recrystallized and prepared daily, which is inconvenient and typically results in significant waste. The unique packaging of purified, recrystallized alpha-cyano-4-hydroxy-cinnamic acid (CHCA), sinapinic acid (SA) and 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid (DHB) MALDI matrices makes it easy to prepare high-quality MALDI reagents in minutes.
- Single-use packaging saves time and reduces waste
- Provides accurate quantity of matrix every time
MALDI and electrospray ionization (ESI) are the most common methods to ionize peptides for MS analysis. MALDI is widely used because it is significantly faster than ESI and the ionized molecules are almost exclusively singly charged, making interpretation easier. Also, MALDI is readily automated and highly sensitive. This powerful method for MS peptide analysis is now easier to perform with our single-use, highly pure MALDI matrices that are exceptionally convenient to use.
Chemical structures of MALDI matrices.
- Siuzdak, G. (2006). The Expanding Role of Mass Spectrometry in Biotechnology, 2nd Ed., pp 99-107. MCC Press, San Diego, CA.
- Zhou, W., et at. (2000). Detection and sequencing of phosphopeptides affinity bound to immobilized metal ion beads by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry. J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 11: 273-82.
- Kjellstrom, S. and Jensen, O.N. (2004). Phosphoric acid as a matrix additive for MALDI MS analysis of phosphopeptides and phosphoproteins. Anal Chem 76: 5109-17.
Mass Spec Sample Preparation Handbook
Mass Spectrometry Sample Prep Workflow
Tech Tip #50: Process stained polyacrylamide gel pieces for mass spectrometry
MALDI Solutions with LTQ EX and LTQ Orbitrap
Review of mass spectrometry
Review of quantitative proteomics
Review of sample preparation for mass spectrometry
Iodoacetamide (IAM) and Iodoacetic Acid (IAA)
Acetonitrile, HPLC grade, 1L
Trifluoroacetic Acid (TFA), 10 x 1mL
In-Gel Tryptic Digestion Kit
Pierce C-18 Spin Columns
Fe-NTA Phosphopeptide Enrichment Kit
Pierce Silver Stain for Mass Spectrometry