Thermo Scientific Pierce Protein G Plus UltraLink Resin is an extremely durable beaded polyacrylamide support to which recombinant Protein G has been immobilized at high density for use in IgG purification methods.
The Protein G Plus UltraLink Resin is used for high-capacity binding and purification of IgG in gravity-flow, spin-column or medium-pressure chromatography methods. Protein G is a popular antibody-binding protein that is especially useful for purification of IgG from mouse, rat and human serum.
- Immobilized Protein G – specifically binds IgG from several mammalian species, especially all isotypes of IgG from human, mouse and rat
- High capacity – this “Plus” variety has a dense load of immobilized Protein G, providing a binding capacity of at least 25mg human IgG per milliliter of resin
- UltraLink Resin – acrylamide-based support provides an alternative to crosslinked beaded agarose supports for medium pressure applications
UltraLink Resin is an azlactone-activated polyacrylamide support that is hydrophilic, charge-free, high capacity, highly crosslinked, rigid and porous. This support is especially useful for medium pressure techniques when using large sample volumes requiring fast-flow techniques (FPLC) and large-scale applications. Unlike typical beaded agarose supports, UltraLink Support does not crush or collapse when subjected to high flow rates that result in pressures exceeding 25psi.
Properties of Thermo Scientific UltraLink Resin:
- Support pH Stability: 1 to 13
- Average Particle Size: 50 to 80 microns
- Exclusion Limit: greater than 2,000,000 daltons
- Average Surface Area: greater than 250m2 per gram of beads
- Average Pore Volume: greater than 1.2mL per gram of beads (> 60% of bead volume)
- Pore Size: 500 to 1000 angstroms (50 to 100nm)
- Maximum Linear Velocity: 3000cm per hour
- Maximum Pressure: 100psi (6.9 bar), defined as the maximum pressure drop across a column that the resin can withstand (Note: The indicated gauge pressure of a liquid chromatography apparatus may be measuring the total system pressure rather than the pressure drop across the column.)
Review of antibody purification methods
Other Protein G Resins
All Antibody Purification Products