Assay phosphorylated p38 ([pThr180/Tyr182] p38 MAP kinase, pp38) levels in cell lysates of human and mouse origin with our Thermo Scientific Phospho p38 ELISA Kit.
This phospho-p38 ELISA kit is an immunoassay for the quantitative determination of phosphorylated p38 ([pThr180/Tyr182] p38 MAP kinase, pp38) in cell lysates. A recombinant phospho-p38 standard is provided with the kit. The assay uses a monoclonal antibody to p38 precoated in a microplate to bind the phospho-p38 in the standards or sample. After a short incubation, the excess sample or standard is washed out of the plate and a phospho p38 detection antibody is added. This antibody binds to the phospho-p38 captured on the plate. After a short incubation, the excess antibody is washed out and secondary conjugate is added, which binds to the phospho-p38 detection antibody. Excess conjugate is washed out and TMB Substrate is added. After a short incubation, the enzyme reaction is stopped and the absorbance is read at 450nm. The measured optical density is directly proportional to the concentration of phospho-p38 in either standards or samples.
- Target: phosphorylated p38 ([pThr180/Tyr182] p38 MAP kinase, phospho-p38); also called SAP kinase 2 (SAPK2)
- Format: colorimetric ELISA (TMB substrate) in clear 96-well strip plate
- Measurement: absorbance at 450nm minus absorbance at 550nm
- Assay Range: 156 to 5000pg/mL
- Sensitivity: < 52.1pg/mL
- Precision: dependent upon sample type and level (see instructions)
- Sample Types: cell lysates of human and mouse origin
- Total Assay Time: 3 hours
- Sample Size: 100μL
- Specificity: no significant cross-reaction with non-phosphorylated p38, phospho-JNK, non-phosphorylated JNK, AKT, non-phosphoylated ERK, phospho-ERK.
Complete kit contains pre-coated antibody-plate, detection antibodies, buffers, standard, substrate, and stop solution.