Thermo Scientific Surfact-Amps NP-40 Detergent Solution is highly-purified NP-40 detergent stabilized as a 10% solution in your choice of either 10mL glass ampules or two sizes of HPDE-plastic bottles.
This is an easy-to-use 10% (w/v) solution of purified NP-40 detergent for use in routine and high-demand protein research methods and molecular biology techniques. NP-40 is a nonionic polyoxyethylene surfactant that is most frequently used as a component of cell lysis buffers or other solutions intended to extract and solubilize proteins. Surfact-Amps Detergent Solutions (10% w/v) provide unsurpassed purity, quality and stability. Unlike neat detergents, which are extremely viscous, Surfact-Amps 10% Solutions are easy to pipette and accurately dispense. The surfactant solutions are carefully prepared and packaged under nitrogen in glass ampules or non-leaching HPDE bottles, ensuring their stability and eliminating the accumulation of peroxides and degradation products.
- NP-40 – a nonionic detergent for use in various protein methods
- Accurate – precise 10% detergent solutions in ultrapure water
- Easy-to-use – solutions are simple to dispense and dilute for use
- Exceptionally pure – less than 1.0µeq/mL peroxides and carbonyls
- Stable – packaged under inert nitrogen gas in glass ampules or HPDE bottles
Chemical structure of NP-40 detergent.
Properties of NP-40 Detergent:
- Molecular Weight: 617g
- Detergent Class: Nonionic
- Aggregation Number: 149
- Micelle Molecular Weight: 90,000g
- Critical Micelle Concentration (CMC): 0.29mM (0.0179%, w/v)
- Cloud Point: 80°C
- Dialyzable: No
Specifications for NP-40 Surfact-Amps Detergent Solution:
- Visual: Clear, colorless solution, free of particulate matter.
- Concentration: 10.0 ±1.0%
- Oxidants: ≤1.0µeq/mL
- Carbonyls: ≤1.0µeq/mL
- Suspended Solids: Residue present must not exceed Residue Reference.
Review of Detergents for Cell Lysis
Detergent Sampler Pack
Other Detergents for Protein Methods
Detergent Removal Resins