Thermo Scientific PageRuler Unstained High Range Protein Ladder is a mixture of eight (8) unstained proteins (60 to 250kDa) for use as size standards in protein electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) and Western blotting.
The protein MW markers in this ladder resolve into clearly identifiable sharp bands when analyzed by SDS-PAGE and stained with coomassie dye or silver. The 150kDa band is of greater intensity and serves as a reference band. Proteins can be detected on Western blots by staining with Ponceau S, coomassie blue or other protein stains. In addition, the ladder proteins contain an integral Step-tag* II Sequence and may be detected on Western blots using Strep-Tactin* Conjugates. The PageRuler Unstained High Range Protein Ladder is supplied ready-to-use: no heating, dilution or addition of a reducing agent is required before use.
- Size range – 8 proteins spanning 60 to 250kDa
- Ready-to-use – supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels
- Sharp bands – excellent accuracy for detection in with coomassie or silver stains
- Reference band – 150kDa band has greater intensity for easy orientation
- Tagged – each protein in the ladder contains an integral Strep-tag* II Sequence
- Quality tested – each lot evaluated by SDS-PAGE and Western blotting
- Proteins (0.02 to 0.05mg/mL of each) in 62.5mM Tris-H3PO4 (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 1mM EDTA, 2% SDS, 100mM DTT, 1mM NaN3, 0.01% bromophenol blue and 33% glycerol
- Accurate protein sizing on SDS-polyacrylamide gels and Western blots.
SDS-PAGE band profile of the Thermo Scientific PageRuler Unstained High Range Protein Ladder. Image represents a 4-20% Tris-glycine gel (SDS-PAGE) stained with coomassie blue dye.
- Laemmli, U.K. (1970). Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4, Nature, 227, 680-685.
- Schmidt, T.G.M., Skerra, A. (1993). The random peptide library-assisted engineering of a C-terminal affinity peptide, useful for the detection and purification of a functional Ig Fv fragment, Prot. Engineering, 6, 109-122.
- Tsiotis, G., et al. (1995). Isolation and structural characterization of trimeric cyanobacterial photosystem I complex with the help of recombinant antibody fragments, Eur. J. Biochem., 231, 823-830.
Protein Molecular Weight Markers – product comparison and selection guide
Protein Gel Stains and Kits – compare colorimetric and fluorescent gel stains
Precise Protein Gels – browse all pre-cast gels for SDS-PAGE
BupH Dry Blend Electrophoresis Buffers – Tris-HEPES-SDS and other pouched electrophoresis buffers
Reducing Agents – 2-mercaptoethanol, DTT, TCEP and other reducing agents
Western blotting substrates and reagents – find kits, stripping buffers, blotting membranes and film