Thermo Scientific HiPPR Detergent Removal Resin used in spin column or 96-well filter plate formats improves mass spectrometry results by efficiently removing detergents from 25 to 200µL samples with low protein or peptide concentrations.
Optimized for sample concentrations of 1 to 100µg/mL,the HiPPR (High Protein and Peptide Recovery) Detergent Removal Resin removes >95% of detergents used in protein extraction and biological sample preparation with minimal loss of protein and peptide. The Detergent Removal Resin is ideal for removing commonly used detergents, including SDS, Triton X-100, NP-40 and CHAPS, at concentrations of 0.5-1% and is available in pre-filled spin columns and 96-well filter spin plates for sample volumes up to 100µL. For other sample sizes, the detergent removal resin slurry is available with empty spin columns that can be used to make custom spin columns for processing sample volumes of 25 to 200µL.
- Optimized – removes >95% of detergent from samples with low-concentrations (1 to 100µg/mL) of proteins or peptides
- Fast – sample processing takes less than 15 minutes
- Effective – eliminates detergent-interference in downstream applications like ELISA, isoelectric focusing and mass spectrometry
|Protocol summary for Thermo Scientific HiPPR Detergent Removal Spin Columns.
The detergents and surfactants used to prepare protein and peptide samples can interfere with analysis by ELISA, isoelectric focusing and mass spectrometry (MS). Removing detergents from peptide samples is especially challenging and critical for MS analysis because even low concentrations of detergents will contaminate instruments and interfere with column binding, elution and peptide ionization. The HiPPR Detergent Removal Resin is ideal for rapid detergent removal from tryptic digests to improve the results of LC-MS/MS and MALDI-MS analysis as to help maintain column and instrument performance over time.
|Thermo Scientific HiPPR Detergent Removal Resin improves LC-MS/MS analysis of enzymatically digested BSA. BSA (100µg/mL) tryptic digests were prepared without detergent, in the presence of 0.5% Triton X-100 or spiked with 0.5% SDS following enzymatic digestion. Samples (0.1mL) containing detergent were processed with the HiPPR Detergent Removal Resin and compared to unprocessed or detergent-free samples by LC-MS/MS. Results demonstrate that detergents removal is effective and produces results similar to those observed for samples containing no detergent.
Review of sample preparation for mass spectrometry
Pierce Detergent Removal Resin, Columns, Plates (protein/peptide concentrations >100µg/mL)
Browse Pierce Cell Lysis Reagents
Browse Detergents for Cell Lysis
Browse Spin Columns for Peptide Sample Prep (Fe-NTA, C-18, etc)
- Resin Slurries – bulk resin supplied with empty 0.8mL spin columns
- Spin Columns – 0.1mL microcentrifuge columns
- 96-well Spin Plates – pre-dispensed 96-wellfilter plates, compatible with centrifugation and vacuum manifold systems for manual or automated purification. The plates enable fast, consistent well-to-well and plate-to-plate reproducibility for small-scale, high-throughput separations. (see Detergent Removal 96-well Spin Plate data)