The Thermo Scientific pMCS-Red Firefly Luc Vector is a multiple cloning site plasmid designed to accept a promoter sequence for study of gene regulation using the intracellular red firefly luciferase reporter.
The Red Firefly Luc Vectors contain a mutant form of the firefly luciferase gene that has a red-shifted emission spectrum. The pMCS vector contains a multiple cloning site for cloning a promoter to study its regulatory potential. The pCMV and pTK vectors have the luciferase gene under the CMV (Cytomegalovirus) promoter and Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) thymidine kinase (TK) promoter, respectively. These constitutive expression vectors can be used as normalization controls to account for experimental variation in combination with other reporters.
- Intracellular Red Firefly Luciferase gene, optimized for high expression in mammalian systems
- Multiple cloning site (MCS) provides versatility for transfer of regulatory elements from one plasmid to another
- Transcription termination site (Ter), Lac operator (Lac O1), and transcriptional pause site (TPS) used to minimize background by reducing transcriptional read-through
- Both puromycin (Pur) and ampicillin (Amp) markers for drug selection in mammalian and bacterial cells, respectively
- High-copy pUC bacterial DNA replication origin
- Two control vectors available with strong (CMV) or weak (TK) constitutive promoters for co-transfection and normalization
The pMCS-, pCMV- and pTK-Red Firefly Luc Vectors encode the Red Firefly luciferase reporter with excellent light intensity.
|Plasmid map of the Thermo Scientific pMCS-Red-Firefly Luc Vector. See the following downloadable files for complete vector and cloning site sequences.
These vectors are subject to a limited use label license.
Review of Luciferase Reporters
Luciferase Reporter Assay Selection Guide
Firefly Luciferase Flash Assay Kit
Firefly Luciferase Glow Assay Kit
Cypridina-Firefly Dual Luciferase Assay Kit
Gaussia-Firefly Dual Luciferase Assay Kit
Renilla-Firefly Dual Luciferase Assay Kit
All Pierce Luciferase Assay Kits and Vectors
Custom Reporter Vector Cloning Service