The Thermo Scientific pMCS-Cypridina Luc Vector is a multiple cloning site plasmid designed to accept a promoter sequence for study of gene regulation using the naturally secreting Cypridina luciferase reporter.
The Cypridina Luc Vectors contain a gene cloned from the marine ostracod, Cypridina noctiluca. The gene encodes a naturally-secreted bioluminescent Cypridina luciferase (62kDa), which enables measurement of the reporter activity in media (for real-time assays) and in cell lysates. The pMCS vector contains a multiple cloning site for cloning a promoter to study its regulatory potential. The pCMV and pTK vectors have the luciferase gene under the CMV (Cytomegalovirus) promoter and Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) thymidine kinase (TK) promoter, respectively. These constitutive expression vectors can be used as normalization controls to account for experimental variation in combination with other reporters.
- Naturally-secreting Cypridina luciferase gene, optimized for high expression in mammalian systems
- Multiple cloning site (MCS) provides versatility for transfer of regulatory elements from one plasmid to another
- Transcription termination site (Ter), Lac operator (Lac O1), and transcriptional pause site (TPS) used to minimize background by reducing transcriptional read-through
- Both puromycin (Pur) and ampicillin (Amp) markers for drug selection in mammalian and bacterial cells, respectively
- High-copy pUC bacterial DNA replication origin
- Two control vectors available with strong (CMV) or weak (TK) constitutive promoters for co-transfection and normalization
The pMCS-, pCMV- and pTK-Cypridina Luc Vectors encode the Cypridina luciferase reporter with excellent light intensity.
|Plasmid map of the Thermo Scientific pMCS-Cypridina Luc Vector. See the following downloadable files for complete vector and cloning site sequences.
These vectors are subject to a limited use label license.
- Nakajima, Y., et al. (2004). cDNA Cloning and characterization of a secreted luciferase from the luminous Japanese ostracod, Cypridina noctiluca. Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem. 68(3):565-570.
Review of Luciferase Reporters
Luciferase Reporter Assay Selection Guide
Cypridina Flash, Glow and Dual Luciferase Assay Kits
All Pierce Luciferase Assay Kits and Vectors
Custom Reporter Vector Cloning Service