Thermo Scientific PageRuler Prestained NIR Protein Ladder is a mixture of 10 proteins (11 to 250KDa) that are blue-stained and fluor-labeled for near-IR fluorescent visualization and protein sizing following electrophoresis.
The protein MW markers in this ladder resolve into sharp bands when analyzed by SDS-PAGE and are labeled with a fluorescent dye for visualization with instruments equipped for detection of near-infrared (NIR) fluorescence. The bands are also directly visible because the proteins are prestained blue. The 55kDa band is of greater intensity and serves as a reference band. The protein ladder is conveniently packaged and ready to use: no heating, dilution or addition of a reducing agent is required before use.
- Size range – 10 proteins spanning 11 to 250kDa
- Fluorescent – detect using 670nm red laser or 700nm channels with fluorescence imagers
- Ready-to-use – supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels
- Sharp bands – excellent sizing for near-infrared visualization of protein gels and blots
- Reference band – 55kDa band has greater intensity for easy orientation
- Quality tested – each lot evaluated by SDS-PAGE and Western blotting
- Proteins in 62.5mM Tris-H3PO4 (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 1mM EDTA, 2% SDS, 10mM DTT, 1mM NaN3 and 33% glycerol
- Protein sizing on SDS-polyacrylamide gels and Western blots for visualization with near-infrared (NIR) fluorescence imagers
Fluorescent imager capable of near-infrared fluorescence detection, such as certain Typhoon* Imagers and the LI-COR Odyssey* Infrared Imaging System
SDS-PAGE band profile of the Thermo Scientific PageRuler Prestained NIR Protein Ladder. Images represent the same 4-20% Tris-glycine gel (SDS-PAGE) visualized directly with the unaided eye (left) and via near-infrared fluorescence lasers with the Typhoon* Imager (GE Biosciences). Similar fluorescence imaging results are obtained with the LI-COR Odyssey* System.
Protein Molecular Weight Markers – product comparison and selection guide
Protein Gel Stains and Kits – compare colorimetric and fluorescent gel stains
Precise Protein Gels – browse all pre-cast gels for SDS-PAGE
BupH Dry Blend Electrophoresis Buffers – Tris-HEPES-SDS and other pouched electrophoresis buffers
Reducing Agents – 2-mercaptoethanol, DTT, TCEP and other reducing agents
Western blotting substrates and reagents – find kits, stripping buffers, blotting membranes and film