Thermo Scientific Octylthioglucoside is a low-MW nonionic detergent that is effective for cell lysis and nondenaturing protein solubilization. It is resistant to beta-D-glucoside glucohydrolase degradation.
- A low-molecular weight, nonionic detergent
- Effective for a variety of cell lysis and protein solubilization methods
- Unaffected by beta-glucosidase enzyme
- More stable than octyl beta-glucoside (OG)
- Can be removed from solution by dialysis
- Optically clear; low absorbance at 280nm
Chemical structure of n-Octyl-β-D-thioglucopyranoside detergent.
Properties of n-Octyl-β-D-thioglucopyranoside:
- Alternative Names: Octylthioglucoside, OTG
- Chemical Name: n-Octyl-β-D-thioglucopyranoside
- Molecular Weight: 308.44g
- Detergent Class: Nonionic
- Aggregation Number: Unknown
- Micelle Molecular Weight: Unknown
- Critical Micelle Concentration (CMC): 9mM (0.2772%, w/v)
- Cloud Point: >100°C
- Dialyzable: Yes
Specifications for Octylthioglucoside (OTG) (Part No. 28351):
- Visual: White powder, free of foreign material.
- Solubility: Solution must be clear, colorless and free of particulate matter.
- Identity: The IR scan must show only peaks characteristic for the structure and functional groups of the compound being tested.
- Saito, S., et al. (1984). J. Biochem. 222, 829-832.
- Hanatani, M., et al. (1989). J. Biochem. 95, 1349-1353.
Review of Detergents for Cell Lysis
Detergent Sampler Pack
Other Detergents for Protein Methods
Detergent Removal Resins