Thermo Scientific Pierce Resin Separators are ideal for separating beaded agarose and other affinity resins from liquid samples in methods performed in 16mm x 100mm test tubes.
Resin Separators are simple devices for decanting solutions from affinity and enzymatic digestion matrices. Simply slide the resin separator into a test tube containing the support and sample. The separator compresses the resin away from the sample, which passes through the porous filter disc into the hollow separator tube. The sample can then be easily decanted from the tube while holding the compressed resin at the bottom of the test tube. Resin Separators are useful when centrifugation is not practical (e.g., to avoid the possibility of contaminating a centrifuge with hazardous materials).
- For resin methods performed in 16mm x 100mm test tubes
- Separate 0.25 to 1.0mL of resin from 1 to 10mL of liquid sample
- Convenient alternative to centrifugation or gravity-flow columns
- Equally useful as serum separators
- 16mm x 100mm glass test tubes