Thermo Scientific Pierce Sulfo-SMPB is a water-soluble amine-to-sulfhydryl crosslinker that contains NHS-ester and maleimide reactive groups at opposite ends of a medium-length aromatic spacer arm (11.6 angstroms).
- Extended chain length limits steric hindrance
- Water soluble; non-cleavable
- Membrane impermeable
- Reactive groups: Sulfo-NHS ester and maleimide
- Reactive towards: amino and sulfhydryl groups
- Iwai, K., Fukuoka, S.-I., Fushiki, T., Kido, K., Sengoku, Y. and Semba, T. (1988). Preparation of a verifiable peptide-protein immunogen: direction-controlled conjugation of a synthetic fragment of the monitor peptide with myoglobin and application for sequence analysis. Anal. Biochem. 171, 277-282.
- Teale, J.M. and Kearney, J.R. (1986). Clonotypic analysis of the fetal B cell repertoire: Evidence for an early and predominant expression of idiotypes associated with the VH 36-60 family. J. Mol. Cell. Immunol. 2, 283-292.