Thermo Scientific Pierce Sulfo-GMBS is a water-soluble amine-to-sulfhydryl crosslinker that contains NHS-ester and maleimide reactive groups at opposite ends of a short spacer arm (7.3 angstroms).
- Non-cleavable, membrane impermeable
- Has a low potential for illiciting crosslinker immune response, ensuring that the primary response to the antigen-carrier protein conjugate is not diluted by a response against a determinant on the crosslinker
- GMBS and Sulfo-GMBS are reported to be less immunogenic than SMCC
- Sulfo-GMBS has improved solubility in water and aqueous buffer systems
- Reactive groups: maleimide and Sulfo-NHS ester
- Reactive towards: sulfhydryl and amino groups
- Fujiwara, K., et al. (1988). Sandwich enzyme immunoassay of tumor-associated antigen sialosylated Lewis (x) using ß-D-galactosidase coupled to a monoclonal antibody of IgM isotype. J. Immunol. Meth. 112, 77-83.
See also: Sulfo-EMCS, Sulfo-KMUS, Sulfo-MBS.