Thermo Scientific Pierce MPBH is a long, maleimide-and-hydrazide crosslinker for conjugating sulfhydryls (cysteines) to carbonyls (aldehyde or ketones, such as those formed by oxidation of glycoprotein carbohydrates).
- Has an oxidized carbohydrate specific hydrazide, a sulfhydryl reactive group and spacer arms to accommodate a wide range of molecular coupling demands
- -SH specific group is a maleimide that yields a thioether linkage upon coupling
- Stable in DMSO
- Reactive groups: hydrazide and maleimide
- Reactive towards: carbohydrate and sulfhydryl groups
- Use with EDC for reactivity toward carboxyl groups
A guide to crosslinking and protein modification
An overview of glycosylation and methods to analyze glycoproteins and glycopeptides
- Chamow, S.M., Kogan, T.P., Peers, D.H., Hastings, R.C., Byrn, R.A. and Askenaszi, A. (1992). Conjugation of soluble CD4 without loss of biological activity via a novel carbohydrate-directed crosslinking reagent. J. Biol. Chem. 267(22), 15916-15922.