Thermo Scientific Pierce Sulfo-EGS is a water-soluble crosslinker that contains amine-reactive sulfo-NHS-ester ends around a 12-atom spacer arm, which can be cleaved by treatment with hydroxylamine at pH 8.5.
- Water Soluble
- Crosslinks formed are cleavable at pH 8.5 using hydroxylamine for 3-6 hours at 37°C
- Lactose dehydrogenase retained 60% of its activity after reversible crosslinking with EGS
- Reaction conditions for water-soluble Sulfo-EGS are similar to EGS
- Reactive groups: Sulfo-NHS esters (homobifunctional)
- Reactive towards: amino groups
* Non-sulfonated, water-insoluble analog also available; see EGS.
- Browning, J. and Ribolini, A. (1989). Studies on the differing effects of tumor necrosis factor and lymphotoxin on the growth of several human tumor lines. J. Immunol. 143, 1859-1867. (EGS example)
- Dihazi, G.H. and Sinz, A. (2003). Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 17, 2005-2014.
- Sinz, A. (2003). J. Mass Spectrom. 38, 1225-1237.